Beep Beep!


Beep Beep or was it Meep Meep? Well According to animation historian Michael Barrier, Paul Julian's preferred spelling of the sound effect was "hmeep hmeep".

Who did not love the road runner and Wile E. Coyote? I could not wait for this part of the Bug's Bunny show. I would sit and wait and wait for that 7 minutes of violence. Growing up we were not allowed to watch shows like Tom and Jerry, Speed Racer or the 3 Stooges due to the violent content. But somehow we could sneak this show past mom.

This dynamic duo have teamed up for 48 wonderful cartoons.

Make sure you are checking out the other bloggers during the A to Z Challenge!


3 comments:

  1. These guys were awesome! They used to play these episodes a lot before the previews at the cinema. Always felt just a bit sorry for the Coyote as he put so much effort into it. However he could have bought a ton of chicken for the money he must have spent on the Acme stuff.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote were a big part of my childhood. I saw a real roadrunner in Arizona when I was about 10. I was very disappointed.
    Kelley’s Dog Blog - The A to Z of Dog Shows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Warner Bros. cartoons - and it was truly a treat when one of the afternoon shows that had them showed a Road Runner and Coyote cartoon!

    ReplyDelete