The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything



If you were to ask my girls what book was our favorite for them growing up they would both say "The Little Old Lady That Wasnt Afraid of Anything." by  Megan Lloyd, and Linda Williams.



When a cheerful old lady heads out at dusk for a walk, she runs into a series of very eerie surprises in the middle of the dark forest. Shoes with no one inside them clomp, clomp behind her. Pants with no one inside them wiggle, wiggle after her as she walks along.



A shirt, gloves, and a hat all join the parade, with every article of clothing making a special spooky noise that invites kids to clank and clomp and howl along. Maybe the old lady is beginning to get a little frightened now, especially when a pumpkin head appears!



The utterly satisfying conclusion of this marvelous story shows children that facing fears can often turn something that seems scary into a delightful surprise.



Still a wonderful little Halloween story even if I read it better wink wink. Did you have a favorite kid's book that you read to your kids over and over again? Let me know below.

While your flipping through these blog pages, make sure to check out the other scarecrows counting down to the magical holiday. Countdown to Halloween.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is such a good story I wonder if it worked for my kids? We still talk about this book so maybe it helps.

      Delete
  2. My daughter loved this book! We haven't read it for a couple of years but maybe we'll dig it out tonight along with some other Halloween favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I was told this story in second grade - I think I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was only a few years ago so yeah I see it.

      Delete