Shirley Temple Halloween Style!


 In my quest to find fun ideas for this year's whacked-out Halloween I stumbled onto a fun looking safe for kids Creepy Shirley Temple. Did you know during an NPR interview Shirley Temple said she hated the drink? She claimed they were way too sweet for her! Also, I grew up drinking this with a lemon-lime drink such as 7up or Sprite I did not know the original recipe called for Ginger Ale. 


SHIRLEY TEMPLE RECIPE – EASY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS


STEP 1: Fill a glass with ginger ale with a few maraschino cherries.

STEP 2: Add the grenadine to a jello shot syringe inserted into the mocktail.

STEP 3: Serve them and let guests shoot the grenadine into the drink themselves.


PARTY PREP TIP


If preparing this drink for a party of larger gatherings some make-ahead tips keep it easy.


Fill the syringes with grenadine before the party. Then the only drink prep is adding the soda to the beakers or glasses.

Add in the cherries and the syringe and serve!




HOW TO MAKE AN ALCOHOLIC SHIRLEY TEMPLE DRINK


To turn this sweet innocent mocktail into a boozy cocktail version, known as a ‘Dirty Shirley’; it’s easy.

Add 1-2 ounces of vodka per cocktail.

Some Dirty Shirley recipes include an ounce of lime juice or orange juice too.


So there you go a cute little cocktail for kids and adults alike. While your sipping on your dirty Shirley make sure to stop by the other bloggers counting down the days before Halloween.






6 comments:

  1. The beakers and syringes are a nice touch. I'm sure the original recipe called for ginger ale because back in those days, 7-up and Sprite had not yet been invented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew about ginger ale in the recipe either. I, too, have always had them with Sprite or 7UP, or any lemon-lime soda for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved drinking a Shirley Temple when I was a kid. I also love the idea of the Dirty Shirley. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really might make the Dirty Shirley this year.

      Delete