Tricks, Treats & Terror Come Knocking

















Tales Of Halloween

2015 | Color | 1 Hr 31 Min | Horror | R | Epic Pictures
Directed by
Darren Lynn Bousman  "The Night Billy Raised Hell"
Axelle Carolyn  "Grim Grinning Ghost"
Adam Gierasch  "Trick"
Andrew Kasch  "This Means War"
Neil Marshall   "Bad Seed"
Lucky McKee  "Ding Dong"
Mike Mendez  "Friday the 31st"
Dave Parker  "Sweet Tooth"
Ryan Schifrin "The Ransom of Rusty Rex"
John Skipp  "This Means War"
Paul Solet  "The Weak and the Wicked"

Synopsis:
Named "the best horror anthology since Trick 'r Treat" by Fangoria and "among the best Halloween-themed horror movies ever made" by DailyDead, this critically acclaimed film weaves together ten chilling tales from horror's top directors. Ghosts, ghouls, monsters, and the devil delight in terrorizing unsuspecting residents of a suburban neighborhood on Halloween night.


Just like Trick or Treat this movie comes with great hype and just like Trick or Treat finds its self-falling short in my book. Yeah, sorry fans Tales of Halloween was just so-so for me. Don't get me wrong I like a few of the shorts like Sweet Tooth, Ding Ding, and the best one Friday the 31st.


It was very cool how all the stories tie themselves together in the end and the look and feel defiantly set the Halloween tone. Where it falls short for me is too many hands in the candy bowl. We get so many different styles weaving in and out you kind of lose focus on the story.


Before you send the hate mail this is still worth watching during the scaring season and maybe I need to give it a second chance do to watching this in August. And the saving grace or the part that really helped move the story was "The night of the living dead" that can be seen as a timeline running through the film this was pure genius.


3 Bloody Brains out of 5





3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites from recent memory. I really liked the way the film changed genres every 10 minutes or so as it made for pretty unique experience. The only short that throws me off here is Trick, as it seems to be just far darker than the rest of the film. Sweeth Tooth, The Night Billy Raised Hell, The Weak and The Wicked Grim Grinning Ghost, The Ransom of Rusty Rex, and Bad Seed are just brilliant, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen it but I love that poster art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave this one a 3 out of 5 when I saw it. Was good in parts, but overall I felt disjointed. But, as you said, maybe a second viewing is in order. Hell, I have seen Halloween 6 dozens of times and that film is balls out bad at points! LOL

    ReplyDelete