They're a different breed of family.

The Ranch
2016 | Color | 30 min 13 episodes | Comedy | R | Netflix

Creators: 
Jim Patterson
Don Reo

Stars: 
Ashton Kutcher
Danny Masterson
Debra Winger
Sam Elliott

The son of a Colorado rancher returns home from a semi-pro football career to run the family business.


So the other night I was having trouble sleeping and flipped on Netflix. I'm in no way a binge watcher but I was looking for something to bore the crap out of me so I would fall asleep. I saw Sam Elliott attached to a show that looked like a western but with Ashton Kutcher. The run time was only 30 minutes for the fist show so I clicked it. I was not expecting much but in return received a gut busting laugh out loud show about not growing up! 


The Ranch reunites Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson, who were costars on "That 70's Show" and their comedy bounces off each other very well. Sure a ton of the jokes are of the sexual nature along with the poop and fart jokes of a young adolescent but I found myself looking forward to the next show and found myself watching 2 or 3 a night! Does that make me a binge-watcher? 


One thing that really surprised me about the show is how heavy it gets towards the end. Its like they took the comedy rug and pulled it out from under you! The last 3 episodes are so bazaar and confusing to the rest of the show. Yet by the 13 show, I still wanted more! I rarely feel that way about tv shows. The Ranch was a pleasant surprise and shockingly I would watch it again! If you have Netflix and have watched it how did you like it? If you have Netflix and did not watch it yet what are you waiting for? 

4 out of 5 Bloody Brains

No comments:

Post a Comment