A boy with Dyslexia

Knees

Written By: Vanita Oelschlager

Illustrator: Joe Rossi

Publisher: VanitaBooks

I know that I have not written a book review in a very long time. But after reading this book I just have to get the word out. 

Knees: The Mixed-Up World of a Boy with Dyslexia is a good books for kids dealing with dyslexia and for those who do not. In simple terms, the author explains what life is like for a child with dyslexia. Louis narrates and lets readers know what his life is like with dyslexia. From backward letters and numbers to words jumbling in the air and falling into his ear messed up and difficult to understand, Louis has a challenging life.




The book is simple yet gets the point across in a very brilliant way. The illustrations are very simple and not too confusing for somebody like me that suffers from Dyslexia. 


For those of you that have been coming to my blog for the past few years may have noticed a difference in my writing. I suffer from Dyslexia and this blog has made me better. I do not jumble my words as much I take a little more time to write what I'm thinking and my grammar has gottin' ( yes that last word was a joke). I love to read and write it just takes me much longer than most people. That's why sometimes my review are all over the place. It use to scare me to write down my thoughts but in the end, it has made me better. 

This book really tells a good tale and no matter how bad it is or how bad it can get you will always find something your good at. 

I highly recommend this book especially if you have a child that is suffering from this disease. 

Facts about me you did not know:

I use Siri when I really get stuck on a word.

It takes me 30 to 40 minutes to read ten pages. Where my wife can read a 300-page book in a day or two. And my girls are great readers.

I love to read as much as I love to watch movies it just takes me longer and I don't mind.

When I was younger I almost gave up on reading. I remember the day my dad looked at me and said just find something you enjoy to read. So he bought me a few comic books and a Sports Magazine and told me this is reading despite what people might say. He was right and thanks to him I still read. 

I struggled in school due to my Dyslexia so much I hated going yet I loved school. I did not find my place in the school system until I went to high school.

But look at me now I'm having fun and enjoying my life. I still love to read comic's and magazines as well as books.We go to the summer reading program every year. And we have a Little Free Library in our yard. 

I'm currently reading Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars and I promise I will finish it and write about it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment