May Monster Madness 2016


Ah yes, Memorial Day weekend the official kick-off to summer! And what better way to honor May Monster Madness by looking at a true monster the "Great White"! Thanks so Steven Spielberg's Jaw's the Shark has become a Classic Monster Icon. But not all the shark movies hold up right? I'm mean Sharknado is fun but that is about it. So join me will you as we look at a few sharks in the movies.


Did any other movie scare the pants off you like Jaws did? And we are always happy to sit back and watch it again and again. I just might have my young ones watch this with me this summer.




There have been big names taking on sharks and new twists and yet we still cling to the screen watching people get gobbled up by these beasts.


Open water sticks you in the deep end with two people that were left behind talk about intense! There are even a few good low budget shark attempts proving that everybody loves to make monster movies. Like 2-Headed Shark attack and one that I really liked Snow Shark! They are creative in so many ways. Yet so low budget they get skipped by many.


And yet so cheesy I like the Sharknado movies they are fun but do you think they have dumbed down a horror Icon? It seems every year they turn out some bad shark movie. It's like they are tainting the water. But you can bet your sweet a$$ I will be watching Sharknado 4 this summer.


So like King Kong and Godzilla why is it we do not mention the Shark with those monsters? I know they are not up there with Dracula, the Mummy, and Frankenstein but don't you think they should be?


Even Full Moon Horror got in on the act with their shark bra that you can still buy on their website today! I wonder if my wife would like one? 

So let me know what your favorite shark movie is in the comments below. I will also put a few links below of a few Shark Movies that I did like. And please check out the other bloggers taking part in May Monster Madness. 


11 comments:

  1. I loved Jaws, but have never seen the others..Snow Shark sounds very intriguing. Thanks for the heads up on that one. As for the Sharknado movies...my hubby is a bit of a film buff and I think he would consider it grounds for divorce if he caught me watching them on his tv lol XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Jaws too! Sharknado 4??? Never even heard of it! I have to look for some of these movies! I've got some watching to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I commented here before, but apparently not! Of course, Jaws is the classic shark film and I love the part where they are all comparing scars!
    My 13 year old son has just looked at this post and said Have you heard of Shark Exorcist? The tag line is "Satan has jaws" or something similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I will have to look for that one!!

      Delete
  4. While Jaws isn't the reason I'm not comfortable in the water, he certainly didn't help either. LOL, one of these days I'll have to watch Sharknado, but it definitely feels more silly than scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JAWS still freaks me out. And, I sort of loved Sharktopus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT way to start the summer: Jaws + May Monster Madness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaws was a defining film experience for me when I was a child. I think it should be mandatory viewing for all 10 year olds, as it is a great scare that teaches the values of both fear and respect.

    If you are in the mood for something completely different, I would highly recommend the film Bait 3D. It is a wonderfully cheesy film about a beach town in Australia getting hit by a tsunami. A bunch of folks get trapped in a super market that is flooded up to 10 feet with 2 sharks roaming about, who slowly but surely start picking the humans off. It's sharks in grocery store! What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen parts of Bait and admit I need to watch all of it!

      Delete