The NIcest Man in Hollywood

Looking back on the long career of Tom Hanks after winning the Cecil B. DeMille Award I decided to challenge myself. With 87 titles under his belt, I thought Hmm what are my top five. I remember way back in the 80s renting Splash for family movie night to working for Big in my infancy as an ushering at the local theatre. The man has put out a fine body of work and be warned Toy Story and Forrest Gump did not make the cut unless I extended this list.

Number Five


That Thing You Do! A movie about a one-hit-wonder was also directed by Hanks. I'm a sucker about movies based around music.

Number Four


Such a fantastic flick. Hanks was nominated for an Oscar for Green Mile.

Number Three


What exactly are they going to do with that egg beater? That's what my 13-year-old mind kept asking. I have probably watched this way more that one should while growing up. 

Number Two


Another Hanks movie that had me seating people in the theatre. I loved working for this movie and sits pretty high on my favorite all-time baseball movie. I would sit in the back of the show every chance I could get watching and laughing Hanks never got old in League of their Own.

Number One


Apollo 13 blew me away and still does. It seems like you get Ron Howard and Tom Hanks together you get one hell of a fun ride! So there you go so many great tiles narrowed down to my top five. Don't get me wrong I like Forrest Gump, Cast Away, and Philedapha but I kept my list to five. Do you think you could do it? How much different would your list look like? Let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. They say that he is the "James Stewart" of our time -- the likeable, relatable, "everyman" hero. My list would have the ones you excluded on it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I love James Stewart as well I would have a hard time picking five of his movies.

      Delete