Small Town USA

So many people ask "don't you hate living in such a small town? With so much to do in Chicago living in your town would be so boring" well No I love small-town life had a taste of the city and just did not care for it. Sure we do not have entertainment around every corner but we have community. Do know your neighbors? Do you know them by name? Heck, I can go for a few blocks and know 80% of who lives there. I love my small town.

My Brother Eric Myself and Brian who comes down here to get away from a big city.

Sure jobs around here are lackluster at the most and pay is lower but we all make it work. Growing up LaSalle County was famous for one thing Must alcohol consumed per capita. We had more bars then banks! You know what else we have more of? Star's yeah can you look up and see stars? Any way a fresh out of high school student made a fantastic video celebrating LaSalle and I would like to share that now.



As you can see I Believe in LaSalle its gorgeous here and a wonderful place to raise a family. Both our schools are featured in the video along with our amazing church. I love living in such a small town. 

Bouns footage of Starved Rock...


6 comments:

  1. Lived in a very small town all of my life... and a piece of human garbage (with a badge) made up something bad about me and everyone believed him (and still believe)
    ... now much more of an outcast and am feared and despised by most folks of this area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the hardest part of living in a small town everybody knows ones business or rumors! I have been following your blog for over ten years I would guess and I would safely say if we met I would call you friend!

      Delete
  2. So I assumed you were in the burbs of Chi - town. Despite having lived in Illinois for 20 years of my life, I have never visited Lasalle. But I like small town living or at least moderate size town living. Huge cities bring so much congestion and traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our office was in the Burbs but I mainly worked in the city. I will say getting down with a film shoot at 2am the city is beautiful and quite. LaSalle is just under 2 hours from Chicago so I would commute most of the time or stay with friends and family when I was just to tired or if we had an early schedule the next day.

      Delete