I Heart Bounty Hunters

The Mandalorian
2019 | TV-PG | 40 Min | Action Sci-Fi | Disney+

Creator: 
Jon Favreau

Stars: 
Pedro Pascal
Carl Weathers
Rio Hackford
Gina Carano



Synopsis:
After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. The series depicts a lone bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.



I love that Disney+ release's new episodes on a weekly bases as I'm not a binge-watcher, I feel it takes a bit away from you digesting what you just witnessed. Yet I found myself watching four episodes of Mandalorian right off the bat. At first, the show starts like most Star War's anything slow and pointless. Pacing has always been an issue with me when it comes to the Galaxy Far Far Away. You always get a ton of walking around talking and a small smidge of action. 


But it was that Third episode "The Sin" that left you at the edge of your seat in a way Lucus never could. I was left feeling very anxious and drained needing to jump into the next episode immediately. And those next few episodes gave us a nice blend of emotions new charters and locations that are all breathtaking.  Pedro Pascal delivers a nice performance time and time again with such a range of emotions from behind a helmet. I'm going to say it his emotions come through just like Michael Myers or Jason Voreshes. 


As the pace tails off once again it is not until episode six "The Prisoner" that you are once again left holding your breath. In fact, this was the strongest episode for me as you are lovingly teased with new slimy charters that really help paint the picture of a Bounty Hunters life going from dirty job to dirty job working for the scum of the universe getting paid very little. 


By the end your left wanting more and your beside yourself knowing you have to wait almost a full year to get more! With wonderful visuals, a great cast, and so many throwbacks sprinkled about most die-hard fans will deep dive into the series many times as they wait for season two. If the Mandalorian is a small taste of what's to come on Disney+ then I can not wait for the Marvel Universe to hit the small screen as well! 

I mean come on they tossed more than one reference to the god awful Holiday Speical! 

If you are a Star Wars fan then you have already watched for someone looking for something different and does not care about the Star Wars timeline then dig in you just might be surprised.


4 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but I would watch this for Baby Yoda alone!

    ReplyDelete