Cowabunga!


The Making Of The Coming Out Of Their Shells Tour
1991 | Color | 30 Minutes | 1.33:1 | PG | Documentry | Stereo | New Line Home Video

Source: VHS


Director: Michael Danty

Writer: Michael Danty

Stars: 
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird
Michael Pressman

Plot:
This documentary treats movie fans to a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film adaptation of the popular comic book and animated series. Included are interviews with the cast and crew who share their experiences from making the film, as well as discuss the efforts that went into it.


Sometimes it is amazing what 25 cents will get you even if you never knew it existed. Even better when you run into something that is never been released on DVD. Although this is a documentary and rather silly I could easily see a 10-year-old really enjoying this. In fact judging by the drop outs on this tape, it was watched a few times. It has a run time of 30 minutes but the adult me was getting a little board around the 15-minute mark. It gets a little silly and grows old pretty fast. 


I will give the concept of the Tour some street cred the Turtles look pretty cool. They do not come off as rubber suits and the lips move somewhat to the song. Speaking of the songs they are not to shabby. A solid mix of Trixter meets early 90's power rock. In fact, I could handle the solid called hit single "You Can Count on Me". Glad I watched it but now it will sit on my shelf for a bit before I try to sell it. This VHS fetches $24.44 in good shape so I would put my copy at $11.89 price.

Cowabunga Dudes

2 Bloody Brains out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment