What I watched in July 2020!


July was a tad slow for me but I did watch some really great movies! I was surprised by Zootopia as well as the new Blade installment! 

Watched on July 31, 2020, Disney Channel

Zootopia

Determined to prove herself, Officer Judy Hopps, the first bunny on Zootopia’s police force, jumps at the chance to crack her first case – even if it means partnering with scam-artist fox Nick Wilde to solve the mystery.


Watched on Thursday, July 30, 2020. Disney+

With the grand opening of Disneyland just a matter of days away, Walt Disney brings us an update on the construction of the new magic kingdom. Winston Hibler narrates scenes depicting the construction of the attractions and settings in the park as work speeds up to meet the deadline before opening day. This was fun and all but did drag at times.



Watched on Thursday, July 23, 2020. Disney+

Follow the Disco Mice of the New Mickey Mouse Club as they visit America’s favorite vacation spot, Walt Disney World! Ok, this is a deep cut that I still want to write about. A ton of fun to be had here even if it gets deep for a few moments. This is a must-see if you grow up watching Disney in the 70s.



Watched on July 21,2020 on Disney+

Four bored ghosts in a haunted house who’ve scared everyone away call up Ghost Hunters Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in hopes to have a little fun scaring them off. Definitely will be revisiting this one during the Halloween season. 



Watched on Tuesday, July 21, 2020. Disney+

Harnessing the unifying power of music, Disney Channel is presenting a night of entertainment for kids and families with two music specials featuring a bevy of fan-favorite Disney Channel stars, past and present, along with celebrity guests and popular artists. Yeah, this was not fun to watch at all. Still, it's nice that Disney has done its part to keep kids entertained during the COVID. 




Watched on Friday, July 17, 2020, on Disney+


Mickey buys a boat kit and enlists Goofy and Donald to help assemble it. The plans say, “so simple a child could do it”, so of course, they have their share of troubles. But before long, they’re ready to launch Queen Minnie, with appropriate fanfare, at which time, all the collapsible parts collapse.




Watched on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, on Disney

An unforgettable cinematic stage performance, the filmed version of the original Broadway production of “Hamilton” combines the best elements of live theater, film, and streaming to bring the cultural phenomenon to homes around the world for a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime experience. So this has been viewed 14 times in July in this household. Truly an amazing piece of work. The only downfall is used up so much of our internet data plan we spent the last few days of July doing nothing lol. This so far is the must-watch of the summer.



Watched July 3 2020 on Full Moon Streaming. 

In this standalone spinoff of Charles Band's Puppet Master series, an unspeakable evil from Blade’s past emerges in the form of a murderous Nazi scientist named Dr. Hauser. As Hauser’s heinous crimes are discovered, the psychic war journalist, Elisa Ivanov, awakens Blade, and together the bloody journey of revenge begins. Tania Fox is a pure joy to watch, making Blade one hell of a fun ride! The look and feel are perfect with a nice little script Puppet Master fans will be pleased. With a fair amount of gore Blade, The Iron Cross is what the fans have been hoping for.


Watched on July 1,2020 on Disney+

Minnie’s old friend, Mortimer Mouse, drops in on Mickey and Minnie’s picnic. His practical jokes and coming on to Minnie soon have Mickey stewing, and their car isn’t happy either. When Mortimer gets a nearby bull enraged and takes off, the car comes to the rescue after Mickey gets tangled up in a red blanket.




The totals for the month look like this

9 Flims Watched

7 on Disney+

1 on FullMoon Streaming

1 on the good old TV Disney Channel

74 of the 75 movie goal I set for 2020!

So did you watch anything cool in July? let me know in the comments below. I can safely say that fall is in the air in this household so some scary movies are already on my slate for August leading into the fall season. 



7 comments:

  1. "Zootopia" is a wonderful movie! In July, I watched two EXCELLENT new series -- "Defending Jacob" (Apple TV) and "Perry Mason" (HBO -- what a great 'n gritty prequel reboot!) Also, some friends and I are watching the old British-made series "Wallander" and then having a zoom meeting every week to discuss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun is that! What a great way to use zoom. Is Perry Mason on HBO or HBO Max? I love Perry Mason and would check that out. I keep forgetting about Apple TV there is rarely anything that catches my eye and that Tom Hanks war flick looks really really good!

      Delete
  2. Zootopia was great, so much more than I was expecting.

    Don't know if you watch Collector's Call on MeTV Sundays but it's hosted by Lisa Welchel and a few weeks ago they had a Disney collector on and she mentioned that she was a Mousketeer which I never knew.

    I don't even remember the last Puppet Master movie I saw just that I didn't enjoy it. Blade is my favorite but I'm at my limit for streaming services.

    Hamilton is still on the to do list. I have a feeling it'll be broken up over a couple days due to how long it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thought I was the only one that watched a movie over a few days sometimes.

      Delete
    2. I don't usually...unless it's a long one. I just started In Search of Darkness on Shudder and that's a 4 hour documentary so...

      Delete
    3. Yeah the 4 hours has slowed me down for that one but it sounds like a must.

      Delete
    4. I'm only about an hour in but I'm pretty sure I could watch it in one sitting if I had the time. If you watched any of the VH1 "I love the ___" shows it's like that but for 80s horror.

      Delete