February Movies





Ok catching up on what I watched in February will only take a few minutes as I only watched 5 flicks!


Police Academy
2/22/20 I was looking for a brainless time killer so why not Police Academy. "Time is still good for this one! Such a blast still today." was my review on Letterboxed and its true still funny after all these years. I know as a child I watched this every time it was on HBO. 

I gave it 3.5 but a 4 is still true.



Tom Papa: You're Doing Great!


Watched on Sunday, February 16, 2020. This one is a solid 4 stars Papa had me rolling for the whole hour! His new Netflix standup is worth the time I promise! And if you have girls like I do you will laugh even harder.




 Gabriel Iglesias: I'm Sorry for What I Said When I Was Hungry 


On Feb.8th the Fluffy One talked to me about "Portillo’s chocolate cake shake baby!" I don't write about tv shows much but his new show Mr. Iglesias about a high school teacher was amazing. Netflix better bring it back for another season! I decided to check some of his stand up shortly after and I'm So Glad I did this was an hour and a half laugh out loud good times. And hey it was recorded in Chicago so win-win!



The Lion King 1½


My pour 12-year-old was home sick early on in the month. She learned that Lion King was going to be the kid's musical this year so we talked a lot about it. She and her friend want to try out for Timon and Pomba so what better time then to show her a truly underrated Disney flick Lion King 1 1/2. And the songs still pop along with a story that is still wonderful my revisit was just as fun as her first viewing. If you have not seen this wonderful side story you are missing out!





No Beezy Bear 1955 


Watched on Friday, February 7, 2020. The one thing I have been looking forward to with Disney Plus would be the classics. I love that all these old shorts are on there as well. Pure nostalgia gold.





Well, there you have a very shortlist. I have already topped that in March so that is a plus! Hoping today to sit and watch some Disney Plus with the girls as they are still locked in the house.

Letterboxd - Bob Johns


And remember to wash your hands to stay safe! Oh, and what have you watched this month that has blown you away?

2 comments:

  1. Not movies but -- the best thing I've watched lately is an HBO series called "Gentleman Jack." And I'm intending to watch the series "His Dark Materials" soon. And oh yes! Just watched the last episode last night of "Star Trek: Picard" -- this series was outstanding, if you're a Trek fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much of a Trekkie but I keep hearing great things about Picard is that on the CBS app? Or on some channel.

      Delete