Coronavirus can SUCK IT!

Wow oh wow (Takes a deep breath) its been a hot minute. To say life has been busy is an understatement and then life came grinding to a halt! I was invited today to join a blog hop for Disaster Movies thanks to Dubsism and Mid-Night Drive-in and it got me thinking. When I started blogging it was to escape the life I was going through at the time. We all know that we are going through a crazy time together and life is changing quickly thanks to the Coronavirus. But before I get back into Music Mondays and Svengoolie's what have I been up to?

Volleyball Season


The man did #13 keep me busy this year the running from game to game and then to rehearsal was a very consistent part of my February. It was a long and stressful season only winning a few games and losing a few really close games. Never the less a ton of fun. The greatest achievement came in the fine tournament when the girls made it to the final game. And what a game it was, I don't think any parent did not breath a deep breath the whole time as the girls went back and forth with one point separating the score most of the match. We may have finished with a second-place trophy but walked away with a mental win.

            


Nunsense the Musical!

Of course, my oldest has kept me busy as well between practice for Wizard of OZ and Nunsense (Yeah this kid is doing back to back plays and she is crazy) but this kid let anything slow her down. Not to mention all the choir practice and competitions for the past few months. It's safe to say we have been busy and that's ok.

Amelia and Ella

Yep, my kid is a Nun in Doc Martins!


Such a fun show and on the last day she really shined. When one of the cast members got sick and the director was in a panic Ella stepped up and said: "I got this I know her part and dance". And well she did, and of course, it was the one show I did not get to see.

And we were set to open Oz with both my kids getting roles the Coronavirus reared its ugly head and here we sit (Literally).

Who needs toilet paper not this guy living with three women, Ugh!

E-Learning from bed


Work has been a mega stress ball of emotions! When you live with a child that should not get sick and you work retail and are facing hundreds of panicking customers all your mind can think is I'm going to bring this shit home on my clothes! I literary take my clothes off on the back porch and run to the shower as my wife Lysols behind me, lol yeah I'm sure I'm a fun sight to see but that is how my mind has worked. I would say I'm a strong individual but this has me overwhelmed and overthinking. So glad I'm home today to unwind with my family.  Due to a crazy workday on St. Patricks Day, I have my corn beef in the crockpot today we have already watched Karate Kid followed by the oddly entertaining NASCAR Race that was all done on the computer and now Caddyshack. It's been a nice day so far even kind of pretty as the snow falls as no traffic goes whizzing by.

So how is everybody doing? I sure hope you guys are safe I missed you! And one last piece of advice...




8 comments:

  1. So glad you posted Bob - I was thinking about you this morning. I hoped nothing catastrophic had befallen you. You are on the front lines of "the crazy" working retail. We appreciate you putting your life on the line everyday so the good people of America can feel fresh despite the pandemic. It's a scary time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch of cute and talented volleyball players and nuns! Wow, you don't often get to write a sentence like that.

    That running to the shower image following a cloud of lysol will stay with me quite awhile. But do what you have to do to stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I sure hope that image does not plague your nightmares!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you and yours well during these times

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise to get to everybody's blogs this week.

    ReplyDelete