In The Mood

Oh yes, it's going to be a fun-filled Today In Music! First up a song I can still listen to today, honestly would have loved to have grown up in the Big Band Era. On February 10,1940 Glenn Millers "In the Mood" tops the charts and stayed there for 13 weeks. Glenn Miller's "In The Mood", with "I Want to Be Happy" on the B-side, became the best-selling swing instrumental.




1942 Glenn Miller was awarded his 1st ever gold record for selling 1 million copies of "Chattanooga Choo Choo".





In 1968 Classic IV hits #3 on the pop charts with Spooky.





"Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" by Rod Stewart slides its way into the top spot on this day in 1979! Something tells me I'm the only one that does not think Rod Stewart is sexy!




In 2001 Singer-comedian Weird Al Yankovic  weds Suzanne Krajewski



So there you go, gang, Happy Monday to you all!!





2 comments:

  1. Great selection of songs. The hit swing songs are good mood makers. I didn't realize the Chattanooga Choo Choo was the first gold disc awarded. I've been a fan of Weird Al for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swing music sure can change your day! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete