A real-life romantic comedy

Dina
2017 | NR | 1 HR 43 Min | Documentary | The Orchard


Directors: 
Antonio Santini
Dan Sickles

Stars: 
Dina Buno
Scott Levin
Frank Costanzo



An eccentric suburban woman and a Walmart door greeter navigate their evolving relationship in this unconventional love story.

I had such high hopes for this movie knowing little about  Asperger's syndrome I was hoping for some insight and better understanding. Sadly that is not what we get instead we get a nice little love story that has Dina and her soon to be husband balance out there disease together making this relationship work. 


At times the story is very moving, sad, and for lack of a better word frustrating. What I mean about that is you feel for the two as they go through daily life and all you want to do is help. Well for me anyway. Yet for some reason, this movie took me days to watch with just not enough to keep me glued to the small screen. I can't quite put a finger on it but Dina falls short at times. You do get pulled back in at the end when they play the tragic 911 tape from her past when her then-boyfriend stabbed her repeatedly. This cleans up the movie nicely giving you closer. If you have Hulu and are looking for something different this is a good choice and I do recommend it. 

3 Turkey Legs out of 5

1 comment: