Pop-Tart Cereal Yay or Nay?

For those of you that are kids of the '90s looks your tastebud dreams have come true. After 20 years this much talked about and craved cereal is back onto supermarket shelves. The real question how bad is it? And will my fourteen-year-old eat it?

I really don't remember the early concoction of this pop culture phenomena but the bright blue box jumped out at my kid so it ended up in our cart. And now, well it sits on the shelf with other boxes of cereal that nobody wants to eat.

I guess we really should have looked at the small lettering that reads "Delicious Filling In Every Bite!". I mean Pop Tarts are gross anyway but to put that filling in your milk is really bad in my book.

The center jam as we call it is so hard and sticky and just not good. The outside texture is fine it's your average cereal fair. We just can not get past that gross center.



As for my Fourteen-Year-Old, she thinks its ok looks like she eats it dry when she gets bored but you can tell after a few bites she is done with it. So if anybody would like to come over for a bowl of Pop-Tarts Cereal feel free it's going to go stale in this house.

7 comments:

  1. Plus it must just be pure sugar and probably no nutritional value whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can't trust the judgement of someone that doesn't like Pop Tarts to begin with :D

    I did see these last week and thought it was an odd thing. I didn't pick any up but did seriously consider the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churro right next to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see the Churros Crunch the other day and we did pick up the Hostess Donettes Powdered Sugar cereal 😀

      Delete
    2. Ooh, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

      Delete
  3. Pop tarts that, being industrial, probably give you a tart poop later on LOL
    Joking! They do look nom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have half a box here if anybody wants it 😂

      Delete