A Half-Human Monster Stalks The Jungle!

White Pongo
1959 | B&W | 1 HR 11 Min | Adventure | PG | Producers Releasing Corp.

Director:
Sam Newfield

Writers:
Raymond L. Schrock

Stars:
Richard Fraser
Maris Wrixon
Lionel Royce

Suspecting that a safari guide is a wanted killer, undercover policeman Geoffrey Bishop joins a safari led by the suspect for a scientist that hopes to find and prove that a fabled white gorilla is a missing link.




Do you want to know what really is the missing link here? Well to bad I'm going to tell you....ready? How about we start with the story and then move to the acting or lack of and maybe we can talk about a good 20 minutes that could have been cut from this movie?! Read on my friends read on...

First, you would think that I would raze the whole monkey suit right, well wrong I liked the monkey he looked good for 1945 special effects. And the way he was framed behind trees and shrubs worked well adding to the mystery, And shockingly we get to see the full suit and it works. What really chaps my a@@ as to be 10 to 15 minutes of a setup shot of the crew rowing down the river, no for real it never ended and when they cut to a charter on the screen they had nothing important to say at all! This drove me nuts.


And the next odd thing they set up camp for the night in act two but it was building walls and cabins nailing up a roof and all, So like where the hell did they find a lumber yard out in the jungle? And why is the movie called White Pongo when they keep referring to the ape thing as White Ponga the whole movie?


And here it is the number one reason I hated this movie. the sound effects! I get it they went to the zoo and recorded the animals but they looped this god awful chimp sound over and over and over and over and over again WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON????? I mean seriously my ears hurt and the grunts from the ape were terrible as well. Am I being too hard on this movie?? There had to be some good write?


Well the cast was fine and the look and feel were fine but that is all I have. I can not find a glimmer of hope to say to you guys this has to be the hands down the worst movie I have ever watched. If it was 15 minutes shorter and just a little more camp than serious I may have had a different opinion. This was truly a bummer...

1 Bloody Brain and it was mine





1 comment: