A new age begins

Avengers: Age of Ultron
2015 | Color | 2 Hr 21 Min | Action | PG | Marvel


Director:
Joss Whedon

Writer:
Joss Whedon

Stars:
Robert Downey Jr.
Chris Evans
Mark Ruffalo

When Tony Stark and Bruce Banner try to jump-start a dormant peacekeeping program called Ultron, things go horribly wrong and it's up to Earth's Mightiest Heroes to stop the villainous Ultron from enacting his terrible plans.


Well ok, so this took me almost a year to watch beginning to end. I had such a hard time wanting to watch this Avengers. I feel they have jumped way too quickly into the newer universes for Marvel. I'm christ we are at the Civil War already. I guess being a classic fan I wanted more of that you know when the comic books were fun and you did not need a comic book encyclopedia  to keep up. I was so lost I had no clue who Ultron really was and then this Vision guy what the hell!! 


I stopped reading superhero books because of crap like this and I have grown burnt out on the movies. I loved Iron Man but maybe it was because I did not really read the books back in the day. The only time I saw Iron Man was when he crossed over to Captian America or Spider-Man books. I don't know maybe I'm just being an ass. 


Overall I did not hate the movie it looks great and the CG is done well. Hulk has never looked better. And the Marvel movies still look a lot better then D.C. movies all tho I will be watching Aquaman in the theaters only because he is my favorite hero. I skipped the new Captin movie and will wait for the Blu-Ray on that one as well.  So how did you guys feel about this movie? Am I the only one that did not care? And I feel like Disney will do the same thing with Star Wars giving us too much! Slow down guys we did not mind having to wait decades for a new Star Wars movie so maybe you should just slow down when it comes to super heroes. Ok Rant over...

2 Bloody Brains

2 comments:

  1. Ultron and Vision actually do date back to Marvel's Silver Age, but I agree that they've advanced the story lines too quickly without having time to develop the characters. There are lots of great stories to tell from the 1960's and 70's without having to pull out Civil War already. And where's a decent Fantastic Four movie? I quit reading comics back in the '90's because the stories became so convoluted and I no longer recognized my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Avengers and other movies related to individual Avengers, perhaps because I have never read the comics. So all I know about these characters is from the Marvel movies. I enjoyed "Ultron" well enough but I think the REAL masterpieces in this series are the three Captain America movies. They are exceptionally well-written and perfectly cast, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete