Weebles Wobble Haunted House


Let us start things off on the right foot before we lose it (Insert evil laugh here). Let's take a quick look at one amazing toy from my childhood that honestly wish I still had.


How cute is this? I do remember playing with this set as a child and having a blast.



Of course, everybody wanted to be the Witch or Ghost nobody wanted to play with the scaredy-cat.


The Haunted House found its way into homes in 1976.


Of course, it was in the Holiday Gift books! So for one year anyway Halloween did invade Christmas. In the end, this proves that Halloween started to really trend up in the '70s allowing us '70s kids to really embrace the season leading to what it has become today. So to you younger readers your welcome. 🎃❤


Make sure to check out all the other Pumpkin Heads Blogging about Halloween by clicking HERE

8 comments:

  1. I remember Weebles! "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down" was the original jingle for these toys. I don't remember the haunted house though. Maybe it wasn't available in Canada? Or maybe I didn't notice it because I was 19 in 1976 and too old for toys? Anyway, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had that toy as a kid, all the weebles would have been expelled to be replaced by porcelain animals. I loved the Sears Wishbook - is that what the picture is from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember this well. Wish I still had it, too. Would be displayed nicely every Halloween. A quick check on ebay and you can get one from anywhere between $20 and $150 - depending on condition. Too rich for me, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My neighbor had that and though I was "too old" to have it, I really coveted it. I did end up finding one at a garage sale years later and I still have that. We get it out every Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Weebles were great! The haunted house looks super cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me wants a Weeble Haunted House!! So cool! I still have some random weeble toys, but none as groovy as these ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sadly never had the Weebles Haunted House but BOY DID I EVER WANT ONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I never know this was a thing??? I loved my Weebles, but this would be fun NOW!

    ReplyDelete