Beautiful Things with Donnie Vie


If you dig around the Cave long enough you will see just how much I love the band Enuff Z'Nuff. Earlier this year they released a new album that was not bad. Sadly it was without there frontman Donnie Vie. Donnie has been doing some great solo stuff for years now and it's great that both he and Chip keep going. Vie tho he was the songwriter with lyrics that are mind-blowing and so in touch with life.  With his raspy yet powerful voice, I can not help to wonder why he has not made it mainstream or college radio to this day. I was super excited to see his new album come out on December 20th and even more excited to have "Beautiful Things" waiting for me under the Christmas Tree. Today I would like to share with you his new video just kind of ignore what is going on in the video and listen to his message. Let me know in the comments what you think as so many of my friends think I'm nuts for following these guys around for so so many years!




Everybody loves a good cover, right? Well, give this Elton John classic a spin! This one really shows off Donnie's voice.




Here is a deep cut from Enuff Znuff from an album that is lost gold! In fact, this album was only released in Japan and it's a crying shame!



And one older song that has not left my iPod/iPhone ever! Everybody has that go-to song well this one is mine. This is songwriting at its best. 



So as you can see we are closing in on another decade and Chip and Donnie are still there for me! Through thick and thin the music that they produce talks to me in so many ways. From great days to bad days I can always count on Enuff Znuff and Donnie Vie to pick me up. I can only pray that they keep going strong for the next 20 years or so. 

2 comments: