Hell Hath No Pizza

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
1991 | Color | 1 Hr 33 Min | Comedy | PG | Orion Films


Director:
Peter Hewitt

Writers: 
Chris Matheson 
Ed Solomon

Stars: 
Keanu Reeves
Alex Winter
William Sadler



Synopsis:
The world of our distant future is a veritable utopia, thanks to the lyrics of two simple-minded 20th Century rock and rollers, Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan. However, a would-be conquerer threatens to throw history off-track by sending "most non-non-heinous" evil robot Bill and Teds back to kill their good counterparts. Finding themselves dead, the boys must outwit the Grim Reaper and traverse Heaven and Hell to return to the land of the living, rescue their "babes" and have a "most triumphant" concert at the all-important Battle of the Bands. 


The last time I watch Bogus Journey had to be in 1991 when I was working at the theatre. My worst memory for working this movie is that dang Kiss song "God Gave Rock n Roll To You" that I would have hear while cleaning up popcorn and soda four times a day as it blasted through the auditorium. And even now when somebody mentions Bill And Ted my brain goes there and the song sticks around for hours just like it is doing now while I write this. And here is a fun fact Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure was one of the first movies I worked for in fact it was the first movie I thread through the projector by myself. 

 
Of course, I know why it has taken so long to revisit this Journey other than seeing it many times at work that year would have to be quite honest I did not like it. Ok, I said it it was lame so did it hold up almost twenty years later? The short answer "Yes"! I think I had more fun watching Journey now than I did then. Sure its silly makes little sense but in the end, it was fun to sit back and enjoy once again. All in all, it got me a little hyped for part three. 


By far the biggest thing that holds this movie together quite simply is the soundtrack from Slaughter, Faith No More, Winger,  and of course Primus this movie rocks out and never stops! The look this time around falls a tad flat in my opinion as The Bill and Ted University students are dressed in colorful Day-Glo costumes constructed with neoprene to try and give it a 2425 vibe.


So yeah I had a ton of fun revisiting Bill and Ted while Steve and I cleaned our cabin up at camp in a way it was a perfect movie to end our yearly journey as well. If you have not seen Bill and Ted in awhile it just might be worth the rewatch if anything there is the soundtrack! 

For Steve and I both give The Wild Stallions...

3 Stars out of 5

See sometimes we agree. 😅






No comments:

Post a Comment