This year Patrick Bromley and his crew are jumping back to the wonderful year of 1987. So here are the simple rules from the F This Movie Blog
1. Secure copies of all five movies! (DVD/Blu-ray, Amazon Instant Video, iTunes rentals, public libraries, etc.)
2. If you're not already doing so, follow F This Movie! on Twitter (@fthismovie). If you're not already on Twitter, you should sign up! You can quit the very next day if you want.
3. Don't quit. Keep following us on Twitter.
4. Beginning at Noon on Saturday, February 11th, we all start watching the first movie at the same time from the comfort of YOUR OWN HOME and talk about it on Twitter (just tag all of your comments with #fthismoviefest). It will be like a running commentary. A conversation. Just like WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME ROOM TOGETHER!
5. We are not making fun of these movies. We love these movies.
6. If you have to leave for a movie or can only participate in half the festival or whatever, that's cool! Just check in or out with us on Twitter so we know who's there and when. Hopefully, we can all do the full marathon, but we know that's not easy for everyone.
And now the breakdown of the flicks and whether or not I will be on at that time.
Kicking off the film fest with a gem, Princess Bride will start up at Noon! Sadly I may miss this one as we have a Volleyball Tournament that day so not so sure we will be home for the first few flicks.
At 2:00 you better all get to the Chopper!!! And Arnie battles the Predator! Looking forward to revisiting this movie should be a ton of full and everybody will be playing along with this one!
Nick Cage joins the fun at 4:15 and I should finally be tweeting by this time joining in on the fun Raising Arizona. I did not care for this flick so much back in the day so looking forward to watching it again to see if I was wrong.
One thing I like about this Festival is that they point out movies that I do not have in my collection that I should have! I'm still hunting the thrift shop's looking for this bad boy! At 6:15 we can all watch Peter Weller get his hand blown off together.
And to close it off one of the greatest monsters flicks ever made!! And I plan on torturing my children with this one!! THE WOLFMAN HAS NARDS at 8:30!!!
It's going to be great fun and you all should join us! So dust off the VCR or clean the laser lens off your DVD player and have a blast watching these movie's with folks from around the world (NO REALLY) and head over to F This Movie for more info. And please do not unfollow me on twitter.