Part Animal. Part Legend. All Woman.



Ah, that fun-loving low-cost DVD maker Mills Creek is bringing us yet another fine gem. The 1984's Sheena Queen of the Jungle series. That's right over 20 hours of Tonya Roberts riding on animals in the jungle.
Sheena's parents are killed while on Safari. She is raised by the mystical witch woman of an African tribe. When her foster mother is framed for the murder of a political leader, Sheena and a newsman, Vic Casey is forced to flee while pursued by the mercenaries hired by the real killer, who hopes to assume power. Sheena's ability to talk to the animals and knowledge of jungle lore give them a chance against the high tech weapons of the mercenaries.

Featuring all 35 episodes from the 2 seasons of the hit syndicated TV series starring Gena Lee Nolin (TV’s Baywatch) and John Allen Nelson (Killer Klowns From Outer Space and TV’s Baywatch)

This DVD collection also includes 5 bonus episodes of the 1950s TV series starring Irish McCalla. I know that Alpha DVD has put out the full series years ago, still, I'm looking forward to watching McCalla's version just as much.

The Sheena box set streets August 15th.


The movie was nominated for five Golden Raspberry Awards at the 5th annual ceremony held in 1985. The nominations included Worst Picture, Worst Director (John Guillermin), Worst Actress (Tanya Roberts), Worst Screenplay and Worst Musical Score, but the film failed to win a Razzie in any category. That alone makes it worth picking up!

I will admit it I do not remember this show at all does anybody? I would love to hear if this is worth checking out.


3 comments:

  1. It's a mystery to me, but any half-nekkid gorgeous woman riding a tiger -- sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie way back in the day, but to my eternal shame... I never even knew there was a TV series. I'd be curious to see if it's actually worth watching.

    ReplyDelete